PART-TIME DRIVER – TRANSIT SERVICE
City of Granite Falls
The City of Granite Falls is currently accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of part-time driver for the public transit system. Interested individuals must possess a Class B driver’s license. Good public relations skills desirable. Responsible for collecting daily fares and trip sheets, turning in driver’s daily checklist and driver’s vehicle defect report, if applicable, drive bus and answer phone in bus for trip requests during scheduled work hours M – F and some Sundays to church services 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Additional duties as may be assigned including evening or weekend trips occasionally. Starting salary: $16.13 per hour. Approx. 5-10 hours per week with additional hours as needed. Applications can be obtained from the office of the City Clerk, 641 Prentice St., Ph: (320) 564-3011. Applications must be returned no later than 4:30 p.m., Thursday, May 24th.
City of Granite Falls An Equal Opportunity Employer & Provider
Job Title: Transit Driver
Benefits: Does Not Apply
Hours:Hours vary based on need
Reporting Relationship: Transit Director
Position Details Transit
The Transit Department’s goal is to provide transportation for residents and visitors of Granite Falls. The primary position responsibilities and areas of impact are:
1) Inspects equipment in advance of operation and following operation to check tire pressure, fuel and fluid levels, operation of lights, operation of brakes, operation of controls, and other routine checklist items. etc.; reports deficiencies or remedies them using standard procedures; based on the nature and severity of observed deficiencies may recommend that the equipment be shut down until the problem is corrected; shuts down equipment when necessary to avoid further damage or when continued operation presents a safety risk;
2) Develops familiarity with proper equipment functions, including normal sounds, and notices equipment performance deficiencies so that they can be corrected in a timely manner;
3) Operates multiple controls requiring practice and hand-eye coordination to efficiently accomplish the desired task;
4) Develops an awareness of the space surrounding the equipment and watches for persons or objects that may be injured or damaged by movements of the equipment; watches for overhead utilities;
5) Uses the help of others to securing the work area and guide movements when vision is limited or obstructed; seeks assistance from others as needed.
6) Logs daily activities including, time spent on each job, gas used, maintenance, repairs, etc.
7) Communicates courteously and professionally and maintains working relationships with others in carrying out job functions.
8) Performs all job duties in compliance with safety guidelines and with an ongoing awareness of safety practices.
9) Assist riders with special needs and disabilities.
Education: High School Diploma
Technical Skills: must maintain a valid driver’s license and a Class B Commercial with Air Brake Endorsement.
Physical Requirements: Exerting in excess of 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. There are intermittent visits to City Department locations, some of which are in other areas of the City. There is a need to keep detailed reports and this sometimes require occasional use of a keyboard. Work interruptions are frequent.
Most work is performed in a field environment involving working inside and outside of vehicles. Seasonal conditions can include excessive heat or cold. Conditions can include working in wet, muddy, slippery or dusty and windy conditions. At these times there may be intermittent exposure to very disagreeable working conditions. There is often exposure to traffic and moving equipment. There is considerable attention to detail when handling equipment in tight quarters or around people.
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, repetitive motions.
Deadline for Applying : May 30, 2018