The City of Granite Falls is seeking applications for part-time positions available at the Riverside Bottle Shop Liquor Store. Hours will vary on weekdays & weekends. Work consists of stocking shelves, coolers, inventory, and operating the cash register. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 3rd. Starting date on or about February 8th. Starting Wage $16.61/hr. Application forms available at office of the city clerk, 641 Prentice Street, Granite Falls.
City of Granite Falls Equal Opportunity Employer & Provider
Job Title: Liquor Store Retail Clerk
Location: Municipal Liquor Store
Hours: 20-25 hours per week, may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Liquor Store Manager
The Liquor Store Retail Clerk supports the liquor operations by raising profits that go back to the community, ensuring the store has all products and merchandise, and providing an enjoyable experience for all customers. The primary position responsibilities and areas of impact are:
1) Provides exceptional customer service to all customers.
2) Ensures consistency by evaluating information and data; communicates to store manager’s discrepancies to partners to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
3) Liquor sales: greets customers and answers questions regarding product content, use and price; observes customers, checks identification for proof-of-age and denies service to underage or intoxicated customers; receives payments by cash, check or credit card and makes change; receives and verifies licensed-bar orders; operates computerized cash register system to process sales data; closes out cash register and balances receipts to sales journal.
4) Stocking: Receives and verifies shipments; inspects and documents freight damages; determines stocking needs, codes merchandise and arranges shelf and floor displays.
5) Store operations: Acts for manager during absences; opens and closes store and maintains security; balances daily receipts with daily sales reports and makes bank deposits; reconciles discrepancies; enters merchandise data into computer system to update files and generate reports; may supervise work and train other clerks; recommends product merchandising, inventory levels and new product listings; prepares sales summary reports; performs routine cleaning and maintenance of store area.
While these areas are the primary focus of the position, we believe strongly in teamwork and employees will be called upon to perform a variety of duties as a part of their role with the City.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.).
Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel); additional computer skills preferred.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work in the store requires frequent bending and long periods of standing or walking. Incumbents must be able to regularly lift 20-60 pounds.
Working Conditions: Most work is performed in the store with physical effort ranging from light to heavy work. Driving between locations is required on an intermittent basis. Retail operations require long working days. There is exposure to walk-in cold storage intermittently.
Contact : City Clerk’s Office, or online at www.granitefalls.com.
Deadline for Applying : Feb 3, 2021