Darin Haslip is the city's Building Inspector. He can be reached by calling (320) 226-5189, fax (651) 846-6034 or email at email@example.com.
Interested in obtaining a building permit from the City of Granite Falls? Simply download the appropriate permit listed below and return to the Granite Falls City Hall (641 Prentice Street, Granite Falls, MN 56241).
- Plumbing and Mechanical
- Building or Land Use
- Moving of a Building
- Residential Re roofing, Residing, and Window Replacement
Building permits are required for the following types of projects:
- New construction
- Building additions
- Building remodeling
- Storage sheds (10' x 12' and larger)
- Replacing shingles. siding, and windows
- Swimming pools
- Retaining walls
- Replacing/installing sheet rock
- Replacing/installing water heaters and furnaces
- Carpet and floor tile
- Decorative landscaping
- Patio slabs
- Tree planting
- -Special permits are required for the demolition of building, moving of buildings, and mechanical plumbing.
- -Before you do any digging, State law requires that you call Gopher State One Call at (800) 525-1166 at least 48 hours prior digging in order to have underground utilities located.
Sewer and Water City of Granite Falls (320) 564-3011 Electric City of Granite Falls (320) 564-3011 Natural Gas Great Plains Natural Gas (888) 577-5529 Telephone Century Link (507) 425-2952 Cable TV MediaCom (507) 637-5479