City of Granite Falls Announces Updated COVID-19 Related Changes to City Operations
NOVEMBER 23, 2020- The City of Granite Falls is taking additional measures to protect the public and city staff as COVID-19 cases continue to trend upward in the community and surrounding areas.
The City of Granite Falls is announcing the following changes effective November 24th, 2020 until further notice:
- To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, and implement prevention and protection measures, all City Facilities will be closed to the public unless by appointment. This action is derived from protecting both the public as well as staff from potential exposure. Please call City Hall at 320-564-3011 when needing assistance.
- City Council meetings will be available by the on-line format Zoom. Information will be shared in the Advocate Tribune the week prior to the meeting. If you have questions or need to be on the agenda please contact City Hall 320-564-3011 and ask for City Manager Crystal Johnson.
- During this time, the City of Granite Falls encourages customers to make utility payments online, using a credit or debit card by visiting www.xpressbillpay.com. To make a payment over the phone, customers may call 833-583-0027. The City is continuing to provide a walk-up drop box in the front of both city hall entrances and a drive-up drop box for customers wishing to make payment using cash, check, or money order.
- The Department of Motor Vehicles office, located at City Hall, will be available by limited appointments only. Please call 320-564-4641, Ext. 3 for further assistance.
- Per the Governor’s recent Executive Order 20-99, the Kilowatt Community Center will be closed effective November 20th for four weeks, through Friday, December 18th.
- Riverside Bottle Shop will continue operating with normal hours. Customers will be required to wear a face mask and practice social distancing when in the store.
- The Granite Falls Public Library is still open by appointment. Please call 320-564-3738.
- The Granite Falls Senior Citizen Center, located below the library, will remain closed until January 4, 2021. Activities will not be held during this time. The Senior Advocate Office will remain open for in-person appointments only by calling 320-564-0947.
- Playground equipment in city parks will not be sanitized and is closed for public use.
The City of Granite Falls will continue to evaluate the situation as it evolves
and will update the community as soon as possible.